Is your family in need of a free or more affordable cell phone and data plan? If so, you’re not alone! Families and individuals across the country are still navigating tricky financial waters in the current economic climate.
Thanks to the global pandemic, instability with jobs and housing have made certain monthly expenses more difficult to pay or sufficiently save for—including smartphones for low-income families.
Fortunately, Assist Wireless is here to help provide free phones for low-income families and individuals in Oklahoma who qualify through the Lifeline program.
About the Lifeline Program
- The federally mandated Lifeline program was developed in order to provide phone service to those who qualify and need it most.
- Residents of Oklahoma can rest easy knowing that there are two ways they can qualify for phone service. One way is families who qualify through low income and another is if an individual receives assistance from one of a number of approved government programs.
- The Lifeline program works by offering phone service to qualifying low-income people. Simply check out the criteria, and, if you feel you may be eligible, submit the required documentation to see if you’re approved.
- Before you know it, you may have a very affordable or even free Lifeline cell phone service and a phone from Assist Wireless as well as subsidized services including free or low-cost data and messaging options.
- Low-income eligibility guidelines
In order to qualify for phone service this way, your total household income needs to be at or below 135% of the poverty guidelines dictated by your state. There are a number of documents you can provide and submit as proof of your income status. Check them out here on the Assist Wireless website: https://www.assistwireless.com/proof-of-eligibility/#income-proof
- Program recipient eligibility guidelines
You may also qualify for a free cell phone from Assist Wireless if you qualify for Lifeline services by being an active recipient of an approved government assistance program, including the following:
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), also known as “Food Stamps”
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- FPHA (Federal Public Housing Assistance)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- You could also potentially qualify for Tribal discounts by being a recipient of any of the following programs:
- BIA (Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance)
- FDPIR (Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations)
- Tribal TANF (Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance to Needy Families)
Why Enroll with Assist Wireless?
Great question! In addition to being the leading Lifeline provider in the state of Oklahoma, Assist Wireless is always there to do just that—assisting you with applying, qualifying, and maintaining your free or low-cost cell phone account and services.
- Regular special rates and promotions
Not only does the exceptional customer service team at Assist Wireless consistently deliver timely, efficient expertise on the Lifeline program, but they also regularly roll out new and exciting promotions for customers who qualify such as free phones, talk, and text plans, and great data plans.
- You don’t have to start from scratch with the BYOD plan
Have a cell phone you already love and want to keep? No problem! The Assist Wireless Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) plan offers you the ability to continue to use your current phone if you qualify for Lifeline.
- Your Assist Wireless agent will use your current phone’s IMEI number to check compatibility with their service networks.
- Amazing availability With over 29 retail locations (and counting!), you can visit an Assist Wireless location in-person, call, email, or chat with a customer service representative however and wherever you choose.
Are you ready to enroll with the No. 1 Lifeline provider in Oklahoma? Assist Wireless is ready to help you see if you qualify and get started right away.
Simply visit one of the 29 retail locations, call, email, or live chat with a member of the Assist Wireless team today. Don’t let another day pass you by without checking out affordable or even FREE cell phone services.
Visit https://www.assistwireless.com/ for more information.