Effective Date: 06/27/2019
Assist Wireless (“we” or “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy. The following information is provided to help you better understand the type of information Assist Wireless collects from and about you when you visit our website (“Site”) and use our mobile applications (each an “App”). This policy only applies to the Assist Wireless Site and Apps, collectively referred to as the “Services.”
Assist Wireless is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of third-party websites. Third- party websites may collect personal information from our customers. Please be aware of the policies of all websites you may be linked or redirected to from the Assist Wireless website.
1. Information We Collect
There are several ways we may obtain information about you, including through (A) information you provide to us directly; and (B) information that we automatically collect. This includes data that identifies you personally whether directly (i.e., your name) or indirectly (i.e., information about your online use).
A. Information You Provide
Assist Wireless collects information from you when you choose to share it with us. This may include when you use our Services, register or create an online account with or through our Services, request information from us, sign up for newsletters or our email list, rate or review our products and services, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with or contact us. The information we collect may include your name, address, email address, telephone or mobile number, date of birth, gender, social security number, photograph, and user name.
You also may provide us with certain information in connection with the following transactions:
- Financial Transaction Information: Assist Wireless collects information from you for financial transactions. When you pay for our products or services, we collect a credit/debit card number and related financial information (such as CVV, expiration date, and billing address), or other financial account information, depending on the form of payment you choose.
- Survey Information: From time to time Assist Wireless may conduct surveys of our customers and/or users of our Services. Surveys are completely voluntary to those using our Services. The surveys may require you to provide identifiable information in exchange for the information or services provided by the surveys. We may use this information in a non-identifiable way.
B. Information Automatically Collected
Whenever you visit or interact with the Services, we along with any third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies to automatically or passively collect certain information about your activities through the Services.
- Computer or Device Information: We may automatically collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or other unique identifier or information from the computer, mobile device, tablet or other device you use to access the Services, including but not limited to your browser type, device type, device identification number, media access control (“MAC”) address, operating system, software version, phone model, phone operating system, carrier information, and the domain name from which you accessed the Services.
- Usage Information: We may collect information about your use of the Services, including the date and time you visit the Services, the areas or pages of the Services that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Services, the number of times you return to the Services, other click-stream or usage data of our Services, emails that you open, forward, or click-through to our Services, and other websites that you may visit.
- Location Information: Assist wireless collects information about your location based on your proximity to cell towers. We disclose this information as necessary to respond to 911 or other emergency-related situations as provided by law.
2. Use of Personal Information
A. Information Use by or for Assist Wireless
Assist Wireless may use the information we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries, complete enrollment for use of our products and services, and contact and communicate with you when necessary;
- To review the usage and operations of our Services and conduct analysis to enhance or improve our content, products, and services;
- To provide you with customized content on the Site or Apps, targeted offers, and advertising on the Site or Apps, over the phone, via direct mail, email, text message or push notification, or across other websites, mobile applications, social media, or online services;
- To contact you with information, newsletters and promotional materials from Assist Wireless or on behalf of our partners and affiliates;
- To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes;
- To address problems with the Services or our business, and to protect the security or integrity of the Services and our business;
- To use and disclose your credit/debit card or other financial information only to process payments and prevent fraud; and
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information or otherwise with your consent.
Additionally, if you use the Site or Apps to connect with third party services, you authorize us to use information from and about you, on your behalf, to interact with these third party services based on your requests.
B. Information Use for Interest-Based Advertising
For information on your choices with respect to interest-based ads, see the “Interest Based Advertising Choices” section below.
3. Information We Share With Others
- Service Providers: We may share your information with third party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us, help us operate our business and the Services, or administer activities on our behalf.
- Legal Matters; Safety: We may access and disclose your information to respond to subpoenas, judicial processes, or government requests and investigations, or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law. We may disclose your information to protect the security of our Site, Apps, servers, network systems, and databases. We also may disclose your information as necessary, if we believe that there has been a violation of our Terms and Conditions of Service, any other legal document or contract related to our services, or the rights of any third party.
- Other: We also may share your information as disclosed to you at the time of collection.
4. Your Choices and Opt-Outs
A. Cookies and Tracking Options
B. Interest-Based Advertising Choices
To understand your choices for receiving more relevant advertising provided on the Services or across other websites and online services, please review the information below:
- To learn more about such interest-based advertising, and to opt out of such collection and use for interest-based advertising by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) participating companies, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info.
- To opt-out of the use of your mobile device ID for targeted advertising, please see http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
- If you wish to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising.
Even if you opt out, you still may receive advertising from us that is not customized based on your Service or usage information, or advertising from other third parties if they are not a DAA participating company.
There may be advertisements that appear on the Assist Wireless Site or Apps that will take you to a different website. These websites may ask for your personal information. Assist Wireless has no control over our advertisers’ Privacy Policies, so please make yourself aware of any website’s Privacy Policies prior to providing your personal information.
D. E-Mail Communications
Assist Wireless will not disclose e-mail communications that are transmitted using Assist Wireless services to third parties, except as required in order to provide service or as required to be disclosed by law.
E. Account Information
In order to activate and access your account, you will be required to provide a password. You are responsible for remembering and maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are responsible for any activity conducted using your password.
Assist Wireless wants to ensure that all account information is accurately reflected and will correct any incorrect information at the customer’s request. Customers may utilize the Services or contact Assist Wireless to correct and verify account information.
5. Children’s Privacy
Assist Wireless does not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 18 without prior verifiable parental consent and may limit participation in certain services we provide to individuals over the age of 18.
6. Improper Conduct
Assist Wireless may use customers’ personal information to investigate and help prevent potentially unlawful activity or activity that threatens the network or otherwise violates the customer agreement for that service.
7. Data Security
Assist Wireless has implemented technology and security features, such as encryption, to safeguard the privacy of your customer specific information from unauthorized access or improper use and will continue to enhance our security measures as technology becomes available. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as foolproof security on the Internet, and therefore, Assist Wireless makes no guarantees with regard to the sufficiency of our security measures.
8. Data Storage
Your personal information is stored on servers in the United States; however, some of our service providers may store information on servers hosted in other countries. As such, your personal information may be subject to the laws of other countries, where the data protection and other laws may differ from those of the United States. Your personal information may be disclosed in response to inquiries or requests from government authorities or to respond to judicial process in the countries in which we operate.
9. What Law Applies
10. Policy Changes
11. Service Cancellation or “Opt-Out”
Subscribers have the option to “opt-out” of service with Assist Wireless at any time. Subscribers are under no obligation to continue use of wireless services with Assist Wireless. To “opt-out” at any time, please call 1-844-529-9370.
For questions in regards to your Assist Wireless service, call 1-855-420-2449 or contact Assist Wireless Customer Service at 1-855-EZ-ASSIST (1-855-392-7747).