You know the drill—another month, another hefty cell phone bill. Are you able to afford this monthly expense, or are you considering having to cut off your cell service in order to pay for something else?
Many families and individuals alike face the same cell phone conundrum at the end of each billing cycle. If you’ve been worried about how you’re going to make those pennies stretch to afford a pricey device and the data/talk/text services that go along with it, you can finally breathe a sigh of relief!
Assist Wireless is the #1 provider of the Lifeline program in Oklahoma. With the Lifeline program, low-income families are able to qualify for and receive cost-efficient cell phones and subsidized services—even at NO COST to you!
Have you heard about these government phones, also known as the SNAP cell phone, or a “food stamp phone?” Let’s look at exactly what these terms mean, and how you can get your hands on one as soon as possible!
The Lifeline Assistance Program—What is a “Food Stamp Phone?”
- Oklahoma citizens can participate in this wonderful federally mandated program, which aims to ease the financial burdens placed on the economically disadvantaged by providing them with free or affordable devices and accompanying services.
- Assist Wireless is proud to be the top provider of Lifeline services in the state of Oklahoma.
- With over 29 retail locations—and growing—it’s easy to find a brick-and-mortar Assist Wireless spot near you.
How to Get a Food Stamp Cell Phone
There are two ways that an individual and/or their families can qualify for one of these phones—either through low-income eligibility or program participation eligibility.
- Low-income eligibility—to apply for a food stamp phone this route, your total household income must be at or below 135% of the poverty guidelines determined by the state.
- If you think you may meet this qualification standard, click here for a list of proof of income documentation you can submit: https://www.assistwireless.com/proof-of-eligibility/#income-proof .
- Program participation eligibility—are you a recipient of any of the following programs? If so, you could qualify for a SNAP phone as well! Check out the programs that are accepted below:
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), also known as “Food Stamps”
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- FPHA (Federal Public Housing Assistance)
- Veterans Benefits
- You could also potentially qualify for tribal discounts by being a recipient of any of the following programs:
- BIA (Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance)
- FDPIR (Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations)
- Tribal TANF (Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance to Needy Families)
Why Should I Choose Assist Wireless?
Qualifying for your FREE food stamp phone is a breeze, thanks to the consistently helpful and knowledgeable team at Assist Wireless.
- There’s a reason that Assist Wireless is the #1 Lifeline provider in the state—actually, there are several reasons!
- Not only does Assist Wireless offer helpful, friendly services, but they also go the extra mile to make sure you’ve got the best deals available.
- Assist Wireless is always rolling out exciting specials and promotions—like referral bonuses and credits, FREE unlimited data plans for those who qualify, and NEW devices being added regularly.
- BYOD—The Bring Your Own Device program at Assist Wireless gives customers the chance to bring along a device that they already own and love, getting connected with one of Assist’s dependable, efficient networks in no time.
- Your AW team member can simply check your device’s IMEI number to confirm compatibility.
- Want more? You can get a $15 account credit to spend as you see fit, OR a FREE 1 GB of data for participating in the BYOD program.
Are you ready to apply for a food stamp phone? Get started today! Stop by in-person, call, live chat, email, or visit https://www.assistwireless.com/ for more information on how you can get your FREE phone and subsidized services started right away.
Your Assist Wireless team is ready and waiting to help you submit your documentation, get approved, and get talking on your new device in no time!