You know the drill—another month, another hefty cell phone bill. Are you able to afford this monthly expense, or are you considering having to cut off your cell service in order to pay for something else?
Many families and individuals alike face the same cell phone conundrum at the end of each billing cycle. If you’ve been worried about how you’re going to make those pennies stretch to afford a pricey device and the data/talk/text services that go along with it, you can finally breathe a sigh of relief!
Assist Wireless is the #1 provider of the Lifeline program in Oklahoma. With the Lifeline program, low-income families are able to see if they qualify for cost-efficient cell phones and subsidized services—and sometimes at NO COST!
Have you heard about phones some people call the SNAP phone or Food Stamp phone? They are not official terms, but rather just what some people call them. In reality, if you are the recipient of government benefits such as SNAP/Food Stamps, you may qualify for Lifeline and the opportunity to get a free phone.
The Lifeline Assistance Program
- Oklahoma citizens can participate in this wonderful federally mandated program, which aims to ease the financial burdens placed on the economically disadvantaged by providing them with free or affordable devices and accompanying services.
- Assist Wireless is proud to be the top provider of Lifeline services in the state of Oklahoma.
- With over 29 retail locations—and growing—it’s easy to find an Assist Wireless store near you.
If you are the recipient of SNAP/Food Stamps, how can you get a free phone?
There are two ways that an individual and/or a family can qualify for one of these phones—either through low-income eligibility or program participation eligibility.
- Low-income eligibility—To apply, your total household income must be at or below 135% of the poverty guidelines determined by the state.
- If you think you may meet this qualification standard, see a list of documents you can use to show proof of income when you submit your application.
- Program participation eligibility—Are you a recipient of any of the following programs? If so, you may qualify for a free phone as well! Check out the programs that are currently accepted below:
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), also known as “Food Stamps”
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- FPHA (Federal Public Housing Assistance)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- You could also potentially qualify for Tribal discounts by being a recipient of any of the following benefits:
- BIA (Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance)
- FDPIR (Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations)
- Tribal TANF (Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance to Needy Families)
Why should you choose Assist Wireless?
Qualifying for your FREE phone as a recipient of SNAP or Food Stamps is a breeze, thanks to the consistently helpful and knowledgeable team at Assist Wireless.
- There’s a reason Assist Wireless is the #1 Lifeline provider in the state. Actually, there are several reasons!
- Not only does Assist Wireless offer helpful, friendly services, but they also go the extra mile to make sure you’ve got the best deals available.
- Assist Wireless is always rolling out exciting specials and promotions. You will enjoy rewards on your birthday and activation anniversary, plus there are tons of ways to earn free account credits. And they are adding NEW devices regularly.
- BYOD—The Bring Your Own Device program at Assist Wireless gives customers the chance to bring along a device that they already own and love, getting connected with one of Assist’s dependable, efficient networks in no time.
- Your Assist Wireless team member can simply check your device’s IMEI number to confirm compatibility.
- Want more? You can get a $15 account credit OR 1 GB of FREE data on a Lifeline program for participating in the BYOD program.
Are you ready to apply for a free phone? Get started today! Stop by in-person, call, live chat, email, or visit https://www.assistwireless.com/ for more information on how you can get your FREE phone and subsidized services started right away.
Your Assist Wireless team is ready and waiting to help you submit your documentation, get approved, and get talking on your new device in no time!